Sunday, January 02, 2005

Vijay


I don't have any other title for this blog, because for me he cannot be explained in just one line :-D I may sound like a fanatic here and even foolish, but it is very difficult for me to speak less of him...

God knows when and how I started admiring Vijay. But my hero worship has developed to such an extent that today, I watch his movies only for him. I am not a blind movie lover to accept any crap as good movie. But today, if Vijay acts in the movie nothing else bothers me. I like movies like Mouna Raagam, Azahgiya Theeye etc where there was no heroism and even the ones like Snegidhiye, where there was no hero at all....At the same time, I simply love movies that project heroism. May be that was one of the reasons why I started liking Vijay.

The first and foremost thing I like about him is that he looks as simple as a guy next door, a good friend of yours or even like one in your family...Yet he makes people accept him as hero. The transition from the soft spoken guy he is, by nature, to the explosive and thunder storm kind of hero he portrays on-screen is just amazing!!!

Next, he has not undergone any major changes as far as appearance is concerned for any of his movies. Be it a romantic lover, college student, action hero or a rowdy, he appears as himself. The difference he makes is in the form of body language and expressions. And it is really difficult to make people accept you in any role with just these.... I hate heroes doing getup changes for movies just like that!!!

To speak more, though he had a very good launch pad to enter into film industry unlike others, whatever he is today is only because of his hardwork and sincerity. Oher actors who struggled to make an entry, had only the problem on establishing them as good actors. But Vijay had to work on everything right from appearance, acting, dance and everything. How he converted his negatives into positives remains the secret of his success. He is one of the few Tamizh actors who can speak proper Tamizh.

Being a native of my own Chennai, the way he speaks Chennai Tamizh is simply superb. No wonder why he is KING OF CHENNAI. And amongst actors who do playback singing, I personally feel that his voice is the best. His screen presence and dressing sense are just amazing.

Finally, after all his successes and the kind of fan following he has today, inspite of being termed next to Superstar Rajini himself by the media, he still remains calm and cool without any change in his nature. Starting from my childhood, I have been a fan of Kamalhassan, then Rajinikanth (I am still his fan and he is my thalaivar), later Madhavan, but no one has inspired me like Vijay.

And it is highly impossible that in future, anyone will replace Vijay from his position in my list of favourites. If he declares that he quits acting in movies tomorrow, even then I will be his fan for whatever work he has done till now.

More than an actor I like him as a person. I have learnt a lot from observing him and I consider him as one of my inspirations or influences. If ever I had an elder brother in my life, I wish that he could have been like Vijay. :-)

This is a small space to speak about him. But I will try my level best to provide most information about him. This will include the collection from my mails, from websites and other sources like magazines and newspapers. Atleast, I could make a permanent record for all these information on the web by this small venture :-)

Vijay Rulezz!!!

3 comments:

meghana (bangalore) said...

HAI VIJAY ANNA HOW R U ANNA I AM BIF FAN OF U ANNA I LOVE U SO MUCH ANNA, HOW IS ANNI SANGEETH. AND MY DARLING SANJAY ANNA

MEGHANA (BANGALORE) said...

hai anna advances happy birth day to u anna anna nan ugalai neradiyaga paakkanam anna pls give to u r contect no pls anna pls my only one hero for u anna bigest anna for u anna i love u so much anna PLS U CONTECT MY NO 9241666253 AND SENT MAIL MY ID . MANIJOHN5143@GMAIL.COM ANNA. THANKS ANNA

Anonymous said...

Hi vijay anna..... I m a grt fan of u..... U r lukng vry young na......... I lovee u soooooooooo much na ...... My bst wishes fr ur future movies..... U gonna rock all tym.... :-)